Vector Series Differential Global Positioning System Transmitters
Since introducing the world’s first totally solid-state, high power radio beacon in 1970, Nautel has supplied the highest quality and reliability in solid state LF/MF/HF and VHF transmission systems around the world.
The most recent Vector D Series Transmitters and Antenna Tuning Units for the LF/MF DGPS market continue this heritage and provide a dramatic improvement in system coverage.
The Nautel Vector D System offers a unique, patented solution to maintain system coverage regardless of undesirable antenna effects such as salt build-up on antenna insulators and ground plane resistance changes.
- Constant field strength output for higher system availability.
- Automatic resistance matching for higher system availability.
- Sophisticated graphic user interface (GUI) for easy maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Available in single or dual (main/standby with automatic changeover) configurations.
- Extensive automatic fault monitoring, with 256 event log, for faster troubleshooting.
- Enhanced RSIM compatible remote command/control and monitoring for fewer site visits.
- Remote control and monitoring of the ATU to limit worker exposure to strong RF fields, in keeping with Safety Code 6 / IEEE C95.1-1999.
- Optional control/monitoring of DGPS site.
- Designed with intent to comply with CE requirements.
- High overall efficiency (70% or better) results in low power consumption and reduced operating costs.
The transmitter and ATU-LP communicate via a serial data bus that allows the transmitter to monitor the antenna current.
The transmitter can automatically (user enabled feature) adjust its output power to maintain a constant antenna current, thereby maintaining constant field strength of the radiated signal.
This feature is unique to Nautel DGPS systems.
The ATU not only automatically matches the capacitive portion of the antenna impedance using dual astatically wound loading coils but also automatically matches a +/-2:1 (4:1 overall) change in the resistive portion of the antenna impedance.
This feature virtually eliminates seasonal visits to DGPS sites to re-tap the traditional fixed-tapped matching transformers and is unique to Nautel ATUs.
Located on the front panel of the transmitter, the GUI allows for set-up, control and monitoring of the transmitter without the need for a local computer or laptop.
The extensive built-in automatic fault monitoring, self-test (BITE) and 256 event log is easily accessible via the GUI for faster troubleshooting.
Remote command/control and monitoring of the DGPS transmitter and ATU is available with an enhanced feature set via RSIM compatible remote control and monitoring.
The user has access to a vast array of control, status, and alarms including functions such as maintenance checks, system status checks, and system troubleshooting.Learn more about enhanced capabilities for remote control and monitoring
The Site Interface option provides control and monitoring of other equipment and sensors (smoke, fire, intrusion) located at the DGPS site.
40 optically isolated monitor Inputs and 24 control points capable of closing 24 relay coils with 60 mA of current in each coil allow for easy interfacing. Control and monitoring of these inputs/outputs are available remotely via RSIM compatible remote control and monitoring.
The use of Class D RF amplification and Pulse Duration Modulation (PDM) techniques results in low power consumption and reduced operating costs.